A dark, gritty future where a new breed of Black Ops soldier emerges and the lines between humanity and military robotics is blurred. This is the future of combat in Call of Duty®: Black Ops III.
CAMPAIGN: The Black Ops III campaign is designed for four-player online co-op and re-playability on the next-gen, with players encountering the epic cinematic moments Call of Duty® is known for in new open-area engagements designed to allow players to approach the game with a different strategy each time they play. Every player is completely customizable: from weapons and loadouts, to abilities and outfits, all with full progression systems and a personalized armory to show off accomplishments, providing a constantly-evolving campaign experience.
Key Campaign Additions Include:
- Spatial Design and Larger Environments have been created to utilize more powerful hardware, providing players with the ability to "go off the rails" and engage enemies in a manner of their choosing in open-area gameplay. Players will enjoy added re-playability, with no two engagements being the same. With such open areas, the team at Treyarch overhauled its AI and animation systems, supporting more than 20 different emergent AI systems that challenge players in a variety of ways.
- Cyber Cores and Tactical Rigs are cybernetic modifications that allow an added degree of player customization. Cyber Cores provide a variety of skills from remote hacking and controlling drones, to chain melee strikes. Tactical Rigs are passive upgrades to the soldiers that allow them to use advanced movement and defensive capabilities. All of these options allow teams to construct a variety of differently configured soldiers to tackle engagements in a variety of ways.
- The Safe House is the area players visit between campaign levels to customize their weapons and loadouts, show off their medals and achievements, or access the game's Wiki to gain further information on the world and backstory.
- ALL-NEW MOVEMENT SYSTEM: Black Ops III features a new momentum-based, precision-focused, chained-movement system, allowing players to fluidly move through the environment with finesse, using controlled thrust jumps, power slides, and fast mantling capabilities in a multitude of combinations. With the guns up philosophy, players maintain full control of their weapon at all times and have 360-degrees of motion through all maneuvers. Maps are designed from the ground-up for the new movement system, giving players a feeling of power over how they use the environment for advanced tactics, while at the same time pushing strong head-to-head engagements for classic Black Ops boots-on-the-ground action.
- ALL-NEW SPECIALIST SYSTEM: Treyarch is introducing nine elite Specialists to choose from in multiplayer - each with their own look, personality, voice and battle-hardened weapons and abilities. The nine Specialists can be ranked up, offering a new level-progression pathway alongside global XP and weapons XP. The Specialists system changes the way players engage in combat at key points throughout a match, as each weapon and ability is designed to make your Specialist a unique force on the field.
- ALL-NEW CUSTOMIZATION: Treyarch is taking weapon modification to a whole new level. With the new Gunsmith system, any weapon can be tailored to your preference with multiple models for each attachment, distinctive camos, and custom emblems. Multiple attachments and an optic can be added to weapons, giving you the opportunity to build out the ultimate weapon for battle. And on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, the new Weapon Paint Shop feature goes beyond the standard emblem editor and lets players create custom graphics that are displayed on the sides of their guns. With up to 64 layers and three sides to design, players will be able to create their own signature weapon variants with a practically infinite number of possible combinations.
ZOMBIES: Since the introduction of the original Zombies Easter Egg in Call of Duty®: World at War, Treyarch has been nurturing a global following of pure Zombies fans. Black Ops III answers their call with a signature Zombies offering, complete with its own distinct storyline and a full XP-based progression system for players that adds depth and re-playability to the engaging gameplay Zombies fans have come to expect.