Welcome to Excalibur's first foray into the survival game genre. In Better Late Than DEAD you'll explore an open sandbox environment which, depending on your choices, could or could not have a foreseeable end... You awaken on an island with no memory. There's a child's photograph in your pocket. The child's face means nothing to you. To uncover the mysteries of the island and the past you must search for resources and locate a way to escape. Played in both first and third person view, Better Late Than DEAD features a crafting system inspired by classic point and click adventure games. You won't stack items in a table but will create new ones by using actions like Cut & Tie. Further investigation of the island reveals the incongruous and outlandish nature of your environment. Craft items, seek shelter, quench your thirst, satisfy your hunger and fend off animals. What will you need to escape the island? The answers are waiting.
- Open sandbox survival game
- Search and use resources to survive and find a way home
- Craft items using a combination of object and actions such a cutting and tying
- Game has been shaped and developed with the help of the community in the Early Access release programme
- On-line multi-player with both a first and third person perspective
- Escape or succumb? The islands menace awaits you!
- Varying weather conditions affect gameplay
- Procedural generation of items and objects you will need to succeed
- Dangerous animals hinder your escape