Total War: WARHAMMER II unveils the mystery-shrouded continents far to the west of The Old World. Featuring four iconic new races from the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world - the High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and a fourth yet to be revealed - players will battle across enchanted isles, bleak hinterlands, treacherous swamps and perilous jungles.
In a Total War campaign like no other, players will struggle for dominion over the ailing Great Vortex that has swirled for millennia above the elven homeland of Ulthuan. Performing a series of arcane rituals, each race must save or disrupt the Vortex according to their motivations - a struggle culminating in a cataclysmic endgame. Territorial conquest is no longer enough... this is a race for control that will define the fate of the world!
- A new style of narrative campaign in which players race against the other factions to save or destroy the Great Vortex while thwarting competing Races
- Players will build and expand empires, raise armies, develop cities and fight vivid grand-scale battles in the classic Total War style
- This campaign is set across four mysterious new continents:
- The Southlands
- Four new playable races, each with unique campaign mechanics and army rosters of Legendary Lords, Heroes, spellcasters, troops, monsters and siege weapons:
- High Elves
- Dark Elves
- And a fourth, yet to be revealed...
- A suite of thrilling new campaign and battle features inspired by the Warhammer lore
- Additionally, a vast combined campaign map covering the geographic areas of the first and second parts of the trilogy. Players will be able to embark on campaigns as any owned, playable race from both games. This will be available for free shortly after launch for owners of both games.